1. The Keats Cat Family- They are available in the States as the "Buttercup" family, but I needed to have the Keats because they have literary names. My wife and I really like this family. With their brown ears and cream faces, they are pretty cute.
2. The Hazelnut Dormouse Family- We almost didn't order them, but since we were doing possibly our last order from this site, I looked through the shop again and decided that they were worth ordering. Boy, am I glad. They instantly stole a top place on my favorites list. There very cute and the mother's dress is differently fun.
3. The McWalkies Terrier Family- When I saw them in person through the plastic of the box, I was worried. They looked silly, but when my wife opened them up and pulled the brother figure out, they were pretty sweet. The Terrier family is one of my picks to be released in the Calico Critters line, but I wanted the Sylvanian Families set because even if the Terrier family manages to make its way to the States, there will mostly likely be a pick change: the father will not be wearing a kilt. I had to have that kilt.
4. Rainbow Nursery Figure Set- I wanted the Blackberry baby. That's the only reason we bought this set. Well, we also wanted the Apple-Blossom baby because we were getting Christopher Apple-Blossom in this order, and having the baby grey squirrel will make him the first "single father" in our collection. They are cute, but I really wish they had names. I think in our collection the Apple-Blossom, Blackberry, and Honeybear babies will be boys and the Chantilly baby will be a girl.
5. Village Shoe Shop- We went back and forth on ordering this one. Ultimately, we did, and I really like it. It's small but fun, and it will be nice that the critters have another shopping option. Thus far it's mostly food or toys in our collection. I do wish the shoebox lids were better designed to stay together.
6. Street Market- I really wanted to built up our shopping district and felt that this set would help most since it includes two "plays" for critters to work at and visit. It includes a load of fun accessories. It's a very nice set.
7. Father at Home- This is another set that I think may be making it way towards the States, but I'm not sure so we ordered it to be on the safe side. I think this was my mother's favorite set when I showed them to her. The couch does look very "comfy," and I'm loving the potted plant.
8. Day at the Seaside Set- We wanted to fill out the Farthing Dog family, and this is the set to get the father and brother. I love their matching trucks; very nice. The deck chair is pretty well done also. I love the thermos/flask and the navy blue plates and teacups are great additions to our collection too.
9. Hamburger Wagon- Gordon Doughty is awesome. The wagon is pretty great too. I was skeptical thinking that it would look like a bizarre Transformer when it was all opened up, but I think it looks rather decent when the roof is flipped open. The food accessories are great. It's a really nice playset.
10. Water Mill Bakery- This is the set. I love this set. I have wanted this set since we started collecting in November 2009. I don't think that any set could have made me happier. Christopher Apple-Blossom is possibly one of the greatest figures ever (I do believe this single dad is going to marry single mom Shannon Snow-Warren so she can be Shannon Snow-Warren-Apple-Blossom.). The build structure is beautiful and the accessories are amazing. I am a sucker for the bakery bags. So simple, but so perfect. All of the breads are well detailed. The simplest surprises were the flower pieces that go into the waterside outside of the bakery. Great details.
11. Courtyard Restaurant- We wanted a second "house," and I wanted to build up our shopping district. This building met both requires so it ultimately seemed like the best choice. It was long debated though between me and my wife. When she felt comfortable ordering it, I was nervous. When I was comfortable, she was nervous. I think our apprehension came from our daughter only being nine-months old (today!) so we still have three more years until she's playing with this collection. They are going to come out with gads of more houses. What if we like one of those better? But again, we finally ordered it. We love it. It's really a nice size. We wanted something smaller than the Deluxe Village House but still large enough to fit some good amount of furniture in. This house will definitely meet that criteria. It came with nice tables and chairs. The food accessories are fun. And the "surprise" figures we got were the Timbertop mother, older brother, older sister, and brother; Rose, Birch, Ivy, and Bud. I'm glad we finally got an older brother and older sister.
Today is our daughter's nine-month birthday. I have to go wake her up now (bummer for her) so she can go to the doctor for her nine-month check-up (double bummer). Happy birthday, Sweet!